Liver Cleansing Treatment
The liver is the primary filtration system of the human body. It converts toxins into waste products, handles nutrients and medicines and cleanses the blood.
Ayurveda refers to the liver as ‘hot’ or ‘pittic’ (energy of pitta). When it does not perform well, it leads to an imbalance of Vata – Pitta – Kapha doshas.
It highlights the importance of maintaining a healthy liver as it is the main organ that controls the physical and mental aspects of the Pitta dosha.
Authentic Ayurveda Treatment for Liver Cleansing
At Ghodbunder Road
Liver Cleansing with Ayurveda
- Ayurveda is a holistic science that aims to maintain your well-being and keep your body away from toxins.
- In this fast-paced people indulge in junk and fast food, and have a sedentary lifestyle. This creates more Ama (toxins) in our body, and those toxins block the nourishment that goes to all the organs and cells. This reduces the functioning of the liver and leads to many diseases.
- A liver cleanse will minimize the toxins, prevent future liver damage, and maintain its healthy functioning.
- Ayurveda suggests that people should ensure a healthy diet, and refrain from hot foods to keep their liver in good condition.
Symptoms of Liver Damage
- Acid Reflux
- Rashes on Skin
- Hair fall
- Fatty liver
- Hepatitis B
Causes of Liver Damage
- Excess eating of oily, spicy, and sour foodstuffs
- Junk food
- Less water intake
- Disturbed sleeping habits
Duration: 10 Days
A Panchakarma therapy wherein purgation is induced by herbs that specifically act as elimination of excessive pitta dosha in the body.
It has 3 main stages: Purva Karma, Pradhan karma and Paschat karma.
It benefits the body by helping to melt the fats, increasing energy. encouraging healthy skin, and preventing life-threatening diseases. and keeping the body functioning smoothly
Stage 1 - Poorva Karma
Duration: 6 Days
- There is Snehana (use of medicated oils) and Swedana (steam therapy) karma done by means of Abhyangam (warm oil application to the whole body) followed by Swedana and then administration of Medicated Ghee. for the first 5 days.
- Only Abhyangam and Swedana therapy are followed, on the 6th day.
Stage 2 - Pradhan Karma
Duration: Day 7
On the 7th day, purgation medicines are given which induce loose motions 4-5 times, due to which all the excess aggravated pitta dosha leaves out of the body.
Stage 3 - Paschat Karma
A strict dietary regimen of 3 days is supposed to be followed after all the above-mentioned procedures are done.